Comprehensive Dental Exam
The best starting point for most patients is a comprehensive dental exam. At this appointment, we will address all dental concerns; explore the options that are available, assist in prioritizing treatment, and collaboratively develop a treatment plan that is manageable both in terms of time and finances. Certainly, if there are immediate treatment concerns, these will be addressed first.
We schedule 75 minutes directly with Dr. Rhee and his assistant for the Comprehensive Exam which consists of the following:
- One on one discussion of your concerns/goals in achieving or maintaining oral health
- Review of your medical and dental history
- Complete series of digital radiographs
- Digital photographs - extra oral and intra oral
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal (gum) assessment
- Temperomandibular joint (TMJ) evaluation
- Assessment of existing dental restorations and individual tooth evaluation
- Occlusal (bite) analysis
- Smile analysis using digital photography including assessment of shade, symmetry, contour, and proportion
- Detailed treatment plan with fees and options
A second consultation appointment if necessary is provided at no charge to discuss the examination findings, treatment options, and any financial and insurance concerns. We will discuss and collaboratively customize a treatment plan reflecting individual goals and desires.
We do not complete a dental prophylaxis (cleaning) at this appointment. Some patients may have been accustomed to having their teeth "cleaned" by a dental hygienist at their initial appointment in the past without having an examination or radiographs - this practice is not in the best interests of the patient as it is impossible to determine the dental and periodontal (gum) health without first completing the examination. The initial examination appointment is the most important appointment that the patient will have as it determines all future appointment - it clearly should be completed by the doctor.