A limited examination is the assessment of a specific area of concern such as a broken tooth, lost restoration or toothache. The examination is usually accompanied by a dental radiograph of the area to assist with a diagnosis. During this appointment, we will:
1. Clinically examine the area with diagnostic testing and determine a diagnosis
2. Discuss all treatment options for the area
3. Determine the time and fee to complete each treatment option
4. Assess the longterm prognosis for each option with regard to the patient's overall clinical health
5. Coordinate any specialist referrals if necessary on your behalf
Although treatment of the area is not usually completed at this appointment, every effort is made to get the area comfortable if it is sensitive or symptomatic.